Correct analysis and interpretation of arterial blood gas is an essential part of managing a patient's condition and treatment. This course will educate the patient care provider on the basic principles of acid-base balance, as well as provide a systematic approach to the interpretation of arterial blood gases.
- Basic principles of acid-base balance
- Functions of pH, PaC02, and HC03 in maintaining acid-base balance
- Arterial blood gas, normal and abnormal values
- Results of a variety of blood gas samples
- Causes, nursing interventions, and treatment of acid-base imbalance